- Applicants obtained their PhD in Astronomy or related fields within 5 years.
- Strong background and working knowledge of Antarctic Astronomy, Radio astronomy (including ASKAP, MWA, FAST and SKA) – see project images to left – and other fields related with ACAMAR.
- Applicants have sufficient conversational ability in English to prevent difficulties during their research activities at the CAMS-CAS or AAL member institutes.
Duration of Fellowships
The ACAMAR Postdoctoral Fellowship is a 2–year appointment, subject to annual review and renewable for an additional 1 year, up to a total of 3-years.
An ACAMAR Postdoctoral Fellow must be in residence in at least two member institutions of the Center for Astronomical Mega-Science, CAS (CAMS-CAS) and Astronomy Australia Limited (AAL) during his or her fellowship tenure.
The member institutions of Center for Astronomical Mega-Science, CAS:
- National Astronomical Observatories, CAS
- Purple Mountain Observatory, CAS
- Shanghai Astronomical Observatory, CAS
The member institutions of Astronomy Australia Limited:
- Australian National University
- Curtin University
- Macquarie University
- Monash University
- Swinburne University of Technology
- The University of Adelaide
- The University of Melbourne
- The University of New South Wales
- The University of Queensland
- University of Southern Queensland
- The University of Sydney
- University of Tasmania
- The University of Western Australia
- Western Sydney University
Salaries and Benefits
- Annual Salary (per person per year): $80,000(AUD) or CNY400,000
- Start-up fund (per person): $20,000 (AUD) or CNY100,000
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to Dr. Lin Li ([email protected]). Your application should include:
- ACAMAR application form for the ACAMAR postdoc position
- Research plan and the name(s) of your proposed supervisor/mentor
- A copy of PhD degree certificate or relevant documents
Q1: How to manage the work time between Chinese and Australian institutions?
A1: During the fellowship tenure, ACAMAR Postdoctoral Fellow must spend at least one year at each institute.
Q2: Who is the employer of the ACAMAR Postdoctoral Fellow?
A2: The ACAMAR Postdoctoral Fellow must be employed by the member institutions of the CAMS-CAS, and do scientific research in the member institutions of the AAL as a visiting scholar.
Q3: Does the ACAMAR Postdoctoral Fellow access to the institution facilities (library, internet, etc.) and apply observing time, as same as the faculty?
Q4: Does the applicant need to provide the Chinese and Australian postdoctoral supervisors/mentors’ information?
A4: Yes, please provide the supervisors/mentors’ name, current position, current university or professional affiliation, email, phone.
Q5: What does the applicant include in the research plan?
A5: Please outline your research plan including the following:
- A proposed work plan for any cooperation research programs to be developed or produced during the fellowship.
- A summary of research interests and experience relevant to ACAMAR.
- A summary of the likely benefits to ACAMAR.
Q6: Is the annual salary the net income?
A6: No, CNY400,000 is the pre-tax salary and include essential insurances in China.