ACAMAR Visiting Fellowship
ACAMAR, through a generous endowment of funds from CSIRO, ICRAR and the Department of Industry has a budget of up to $90K/year(AUD) for the next three years to sponsor distinguished researchers to make the extended visits to Australia and enhance collaborations on areas of common interest within astronomy, astrophysics and cosmology. Note: this program has a focus on the SKA and expects that at least two-thirds of the funding will be expended on SKA-related activities in Western Australia.
The general aims of the ACAMAR Visiting Fellowship are:
- To enhance scientific collaborations in astronomy, astrophysics and cosmology between Australia and China.
- To maximise the scientific return on investment in astronomy infrastructure.
- To explore opportunities for future projects and grant collaborations.
The successful applicants will have the opportunity to visit Australia for up to three months, and are encouraged to visit multiple institutions. ACAMAR will offer the successful applicants:
- $8000/month (AUD) living allowance for up to 3 months
- Up to $5000 (AUD) travel allowance
- The expectation is that at least two third of the funds will be allocated to projects associated with the SKA and radio astronomy.
- The co-investment from the host institute will also be highly valued.
- Applicants should be responsible for securing the approval of their home institutions/organisations to undertake the ACAMAR Visiting Fellowship, where required. This includes securing visa to visit Australia or China and authorisation to conduct collaborative research.
The proposal should be submitted by email no later than 5pm AWST on Friday 14 June 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. The following should be provided:
- ACAMAR Visiting Fellowship Application Form (PDF Version, Word Version)
- Supporting letter from your proposed hosting organization
The following timetable is envisaged:
|ACAMAR Visiting Fellowship closed and responses registered||14 June 2019|
|Evaluation panel reviewed and made the final recommendations to the ACAMAR Advisory Board.||June/July 2019|
|Intended formal notification of successful applicant(s)||July/August 2019|
All communication will be documented and communication, wherever possible, will be in writing. Any additional information regarding ACAMAR Visiting Fellowship process provided to one applicant shall be disclosed to all applicants to ensure an open and transparent process.
Any enquiries regarding ACAMAR Visiting Fellowship process, email submission, or other issues, should be directed to: Dr Robert Shen, Secretariat, ACAMAR. email@example.com, +61 3 9214 5520;
ACAMAR would like to acknowledge the financial support from the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science, ICRAR and CSIRO.